The EGS series of electronic overspeed switches from Johannes Huber Giessen are the ideal solution for heavy -duty applications that demand the highest levels of precision and reliability. These devices make it possible to monitor both overspeeds and underspeeds across the complete speed range with utmost precision.
Higher switching accuracy at the crane hoist by compact incremental encoder with additional electronic overspeed switch
- Modern replacement solution for mechanical overspeed switches
- Compact design with an incremental output and electronic overspeed switch
- Pre-programmed switching speed
- Easy mechanical and electrical exchangeability
Before: Tacho generator with attached mechanical overspeed switch for speed measurement and monitoring at the hoist of a RMG crane.
- A tacho generator and an additionally attached mechanical overspeed switch are responsible for speed measurements and overspeed monitoring at the hoist. Due to its design the mechanical overspeed switch has a switching tolerance of ± 75 rpm, which leads to inaccuracy at the desired switching point. Moreover, the mechanical overspeed switch only reacts to speeds of 700 rpm and above. The signal quality of the tacho generator does not o er the precision required in today’s world. The customer wished for a replacement solution that corresponds to current state of the art technology.
Products and Accessories
Other Solutions in Hot Rolling Mills – Roughing Mills