For precise speed control in rolling mills the main drives of the roll stands and the coilers need to be equipped with an encoder. In addition, it is often necessary to provide increased protection for personnel during special operating modes, such as: For this application Johannes Hübner Giessen has been working with Motor OEMs for many decades to provide complete solution ie. Electrical and mechanical components.
Higher switching accuracy at the crane hoist by compact incremental encoder with additional electronic overspeed switch
- Modern replacement solution for mechanical overspeed switches
- Compact design with an incremental output and electronic overspeed switch
- Pre-programmed switching speed
- Easy mechanical and electrical exchangeability
Before: Tacho generator with attached mechanical overspeed switch for speed measurement and monitoring at the hoist of a RMG crane.
- A tacho generator and an additionally attached mechanical overspeed switch are responsible for speed measurements and overspeed monitoring at the hoist. Due to its design the mechanical overspeed switch has a switching tolerance of ± 75 rpm, which leads to inaccuracy at the desired switching point. Moreover, the mechanical overspeed switch only reacts to speeds of 700 rpm and above. The signal quality of the tacho generator does not o er the precision required in today’s world. The customer wished for a replacement solution that corresponds to current state of the art technology.
Products and Accessories
Other Solutions in Hot Rolling Mills – Roughing Mills