For precise speed control in rolling mills the main drives of the roll stands and the coilers need to be equipped with an encoder. In addition, it is often necessary to provide increased protection for personnel during special operating modes, such as: For this application Johannes Hübner Giessen has been working with Motor OEMs for many decades to provide complete solution ie. Electrical and mechanical components.
Hot and Cold Rolling Mills / Main drives: Modernization of existing encoder installations
- Easy exchange or extension of existing encoder solutions
- Cost-efficient, as encoders can be exchanged selectively
- Implementation in the shortest possible time, optionally SIL certified
- Planning, delivery and mounting support from a single source
Hübner Giessen standard encoder solution for main drives
- All around the world Hübner Giessen encoder solutions are installed at main drives of Hot and Cold Rolling Mills.
- These large motors often run for many years and after a while the question about a possible encoder modernization arises to provide new or additional electrical outputs.
- With the encoder solutions implemented by us, the scope for a modernization is limited to a minimum. For example, our FGH 6 and FGH 8 encoders have an integrated mounting flange ex
works. Thereby an additional encoder can easily be added to the existing encoder system.
- This could be a freely programmable overspeed switch or a universal encoder system with fiber optic signal transmission (both optionally SIL certified). But also an additional incremental
encoder with different pulse rate could be an option.
- In any case you can count on our support for the complete project. From the first discussion to the installation support on site.
Products and Accessories
Other Solutions in Hot Rolling Mills – Roughing Mills